|Final results for the 2017 SEQ Rogainer of the Year competition:
SEQ ROTY – MALE
SEQ ROTY – FEMALE
As a way of adding interest and spice to Rogaining Queensland’s SEQ events programme we introduced the SEQ Rogainer of the Year series in 2017. The winners of the 2017 competition were Liam St Pierre and Kim Beckinsale. Who will be our winners in 2018?
Details of the points system for 2018 can be found here and are summarised below:
- Points are available from all Rogaining Queensland SE Qld events
- Points are awarded to individuals, not teams, so you can have different teammates for different events
- A Member’s best 60 hours of rogaining competition/volunteering count towards their annual score – thus the more events you do the better you are likely to score
- Your score from any specific event is based on your result in that event
- The score available from any event is proportional to the event’s duration – thus the points available from a 24hr event is 8 times the points available from a 3hr event etc
- If a rogainer cannot compete in an event due to their involvement in organising that event then they get points for that event based on the event’s duration at the points/hour rate of their best competitive event during the series – thus you would normally score better by volunteering than by competing. A maximum of 24 hours of “Volunteer points” are available to any rogainer in a series.
- The Female and Male SEQ Rogainer of the Year will be named at the end of each year (and will be presented with modest prize)
For more information please contact Richard Robinson