Event: Crow In the Boot Rogaine – 12 / 6 / 3 Hour courses available.
Date: Saturday, September 4th 2021.
Rogaining NQ and the Queensland Rogaine Association invite you to a classic 3/6/12 hour foot rogaining event located just outside of Queensland’s highest town – Ravenshoe.
The event course area is greatly suited to hosting a rogaine, ranging from open flatter woodland around 750m asl to rugged rocky peaks at 1075m asl while boasting incredible hiking opportunities amongst interesting and endemic plants, unique habitats and landforms, diverse wildlife, many waterfalls (including Australia’s widest single-drop waterfall) and rich cultural heritage.
The course is designed to provide an enjoyable and achievable experience for novice and family teams while presenting the option of a physically and navigationally challenging adventure with tough route choices for experienced and well-prepared rogainers.
Location: State Forest and National Park in the Ravenshoe area (Hash House is 5 minutes from Ravenshoe, 40 minutes from Atherton or 1hr & 45 minutes from Cairns). Directions to Hash House (Start) to be sent to teams in pre-event email.
The Hash House and course itself is located in a protected area (National Park and State Forest). Please leave dogs and any other animals at home and follow standard ‘leave no trace’ practices and requirements.
Team Size: 2-5 people
Categories: Mixed, Female or Male Teams
Age Groups: Junior, Open, Veteran (all 40+), Super Veteran (all 55+) as well as Family and Novice Categories
Chris White – contact by email
Find a Team: If you need to find a partner/team for the event, try this page, or post on the Adventure Racing and Rogaining Qld Facebook Group.
Costs:$ 30 12 hour Full, $20 other Full and 12 hour Concession, $15 other Concession (full time students under 25), free Under 14s
Entry fee includes a superb 1:25,000 Rogaine Map and a post event meal
Entries Close September 2nd @ 8pm
Participants in any of the 3 events (12, 6 and 3 hour) will require as mandatory equipment:
- a whistle,
- a minimum of 1 litre water capacity (2 or 3 litres recommended),
- nutrition for the duration of their event per person,
- a basic first aid kit including 2 compression bandages and wound dressings as minimum per team,
- a headlamp or suitable lighting (12 hour only as mandatory, 6 & 3 hour optional)
Participants in any of the 3 events are also recommended to carry or wear:
- Cold weather gear such as a thermal, fleece and buff / beanie (highly recommended for 12 hour)
- Clothing well suited to sunny daytime conditions and off-trail hiking (gaiters, long sleeves etc)
- A mobile phone (highly recommended) to contact event organisers in the event of a late return or assistance required (Note – Smart phones and other GPS enabled devices not to be used for navigational purposes).
Program / Schedule:
|Event||Registration / Gear Check||Map Hand Out||Briefing||Start||Finish||Presentations & Random Draws*|
*Please note participants must be present at presentation to win
0715: 12 Hour Registration and Gear Check
0730: 12 Hour Map Hand Out
0915: 12 Hour Briefing
0930: 12 Hour Start
0945: 6 Hour Registration and Gear Check
1000: 6 Hour Map Hand Out
1045: 6 Hour Briefing
1100: 6 Hour Start
1215: 3 Hour Registration and Gear Check
1245: 3 Hour Map Hand Out
1330: 3 Hour Briefing
1345: 3 Hour Start
1645: 3 Hour Finish
1700: 6 Hour Finish
1720: 3 & 6 Hour Presentations
2130: 12 Hour Finish
2145: 12 Hour Presentation
Rogaining NQ encourages participants and their families to add to their rogaine experience by staying overnight in or near the host town of Ravenshoe.
Not only will you be supporting the local community and small business, but you’ll also avoid travelling fatigued and score some extra sleep before and/or after the event and have the opportunity to explore and experience more of this great area.
Recommended accommodation options include:
– The Ravenshoe Hotel, 10 minutes drive from the Hash House with rooms from $75/night, a great menu, a friendly crowd, a warm fireplace and more heritage charm than you can point a compass at.
Contact Graham on 0416 137 894 for bookings and further info.
– Tall Timbers Motel and Caravan Park is a popular choice just 7 minutes drive from the Hash House with rooms from $130/night, powered and unpowered sites ($30 & $25 / night) and camping for $20 / site. Further info and bookings on 40 977 380.
Please also note, camping is not permitted at the event itself.